Tuesday 30 July 2019

WELCOME TO CHRISTINE

About Me



Kiaora! My name is Christine Herbert. I am the new Learning Support Assistant in W23 and W24. I started here at Rowandale Primary School as a Teacher Aide in term 2 working in Tumanako 28. I really enjoy working here. The teachers are welcoming and the children are amazing! I look forward to growing as an individual in what I can offer to ensure my teaching ethic is at standard. I am excited to work along side Mrs Rassool and Mr Savage and also getting to know children from Whakapono 23/24. One thing that I really love about this school is how much support they have to offer not just to us staff but also to our families and children here at Rowandale Primary. #WE GROW OUR PEOPLE.

I come from a family of 7.  I have four sisters and two brothers making me the 5th child. I love spending time with family and friends. I am a proud Maori and I love doing kapa haka.

Sports that I enjoy playing are tag, netball and kio rahi.
I finished High School in 2016 at James Cook High. I had a year break before getting into work and my first job was working at Donut Express cooking and packing donuts. I then moved on to working at Burger King. My previous job before working here at Rowandale was at the airport working as a Food and Beverage attendant. I decided to come and try teacher aiding here at Rowandale Primary to get a feel of what it's like to teach so that one day I could go in to study teaching.

I have recently turned 21 and I travelled to Bali to celebrate my birthday with Whaea Emma (my sister whose a teacher here) and one of our friends. We left on July the 8th and returned back to New Zealand on the 16th of July. It was such a great experience and I would really love to go again.

No comments:

Post a Comment